Code of Ethics The Alaskan Klee Kai Association of America, Inc. (AKKAOA), requires that all members subscribe to the following Code of Ethics to promote and foster the highest standards among breeders, owners and fanciers. AKKAOA is an Association devoted to the continued protection, betterment, advancement and welfare of the Alaskan Klee Kai; the following Code of Ethics is predicated upon this fundamental philosophy.
1. I believe and accept that the protection, betterment, advancement and welfare of the breed as a whole supersedes personal, competitive, or financial reasons for owning an Alaskan Klee Kai.
2. I accept the Breed Standard, as approved by the United Kennel Club (UKC), as the current Standards by which Alaskan Klee Kai shall be bred.
3. I will comply with and maintain current information and records of my Alaskan Klee Kai as required by UKC.
4. I will demonstrate good sportsmanship by being respectful and courteous in my words and conduct at Shows and other Events. I will offer encouragement and guidance to interested
persons or novices, recognizing that the future of the breed depends upon sharing of accurate and knowledgeable information.
5. I will not knowingly slander or seek to damage the reputation of other owners.
6. I will be hone st and factual in all my communications, either written or verbal, as well as in any advertisements or promotion of the Alaskan Klee Kai. I will honor all written contracts, agreements and guarantees.
7. I will strive to assure good health, sanitary living conditions, and proper nutrition throughout the ownership of my dogs; including following a program of routine veterinary care, seeking medical attention when needed, and educating myself about preventative measures for current medical issues, pertaining both to my location and to the breed in general. I recognize the possibility of euthanasia as one of the responsibilities of dog ownership, and will not tolerate unnecessary suffering or inhumane treatment.
8. I will comply with all laws applicable to ownership of dogs in my community.
9. I will not knowingly sell or trade dogs to wholesalers, retailers, pet shops, medical research facilities, or agents thereof, or to unethical persons whose intent is questionable to me. I
will not offer Alaskan Klee Kai or stud services in auctions, as prizes, or for raffles.